- Adjust Line Number Margin on Zoom
- Alaran Dark3
- Black Theme
- Building Textadept From Hg
- Classic Themes
- Close Unsplit View
- Comment Supplemental
- Cpp Clang Completion
- Cpp Uncrustify Indent
- Delete Lines
- Distraction Free Mode
- Editing Tips
- Extending Textadept
- Folding Commands
- Goto Nearest Occurrence
- Goto Symbol
- Lexer Snippets
- Line Wrap
- Locale Dependent Keys
- Lua Debugger
- Modules Common
- More Fold Markers
- Multi Edit
- Posix Date
- Regex Searches
- Run Supplemental
- Snippet Library
- Terminal Here
- Textadept Links
- Textadept Viewer
Welcome to the Textadept wiki.
Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. Written in a combination of C and Lua and relentlessly optimized for speed and minimalism over the years, Textadept is an ideal editor for programmers who want endless extensibility options without sacrificing speed or succumbing to code bloat and featuritis.
- D Programming language -- works with the Dscanner program to provide autocomplete for D code.
- Python -- Helps to automate indention in Python code.
- LaTeX -- Snippets for LaTeX markup.
- XML -- Closes XML tags as you type them. Can automatically close tags at the cursor position. Contains several XSLT snippets.
- Hypertext add-on -- Several of the above XML module's features, plus a limited implementation of the Zen Coding abbreviation engine. Requires the official Hypertext module.
- Textredux -- Offers a set of text based replacement interfaces for core Textadept functionality, including a powerful file browser, buffer list, etc.
- File browser
- Spawn Processes -- A module for spawning asynchronous child processes in separate threads without blocking Textadept.
- Lua REPL -- A Lua REPL using Textadept's Lua State.
- Brian's common functions
- Folding Key Commands
- Math - Replace selected equation with its value
- Open terminal here (Linux/BSD)
- Open webpage or link
- Replace Posix time with date
- Combining close and unsplit
- Delete Lines
- Enclose functions
- Alternative save strips whitespace function
- Goto ctags tag
- Goto Symbol (filtered list)
- Quick "find next" for words under the cursor
- C/C++: completion with clang++
- C/C++: automatic indentation with uncrustify
Collections of Modifications,
- Easy entry of ISO-Latin-1 characters with Textadept
- A folding exercise
- Keybord map like screen utility
- Locale dependent key shortcuts
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Linux / BSD Desktop integration (freedesktop.org .desktop file)
- Stupid shell trick for launching Textadept, among other GUI programs, from the console.
- Using Regex instead of Lua Patterns
- Viewer mode
Notes and Scripts for Older Versions
Stuff Only Working for 6.x
Stuff Only Working for 5.x
Stuff Only Working for 3.x and 4.x
- Load "Common" modules
- Zen-coding-style hypertext snippets
- XML editing utilities
- Line Wrap
- Function Selector - Manage lua functions with a filtered list
- Rectangular Selection
- Insert Filename
- quote enclose and add a comma to each line of selected text