Welcome to the Textadept wiki.
Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. Written in a combination of C and Lua and relentlessly optimized for speed and minimalism over the years, Textadept is an ideal editor for programmers who want endless extensibility options without sacrificing speed or succumbing to code bloat and featuritis.
- D Programming language -- works with the Dscanner program to provide autocomplete for D code.
- Python -- Helps to automate indention in Python code.
- LaTeX -- Snippets for LaTeX markup.
- XML -- Closes XML tags as you type them. Can automatically close tags at the cursor position. Contains several XSLT snippets.
- Hypertext add-on -- Several of the above XML module's features, plus a limited implementation of the Zen Coding abbreviation engine. Requires the official Hypertext module.
- A group of unsupported modules (including Adeptsenses) for Java, PHP, RHTML, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails can be found here.
- Textredux -- Offers a set of text based replacement interfaces for core Textadept functionality, including a powerful file browser, buffer list, etc.
- File browser
- Lua REPL -- A Lua REPL using Textadept's Lua State.
- Version control -- A rudimentary version control module that supports basic VCS features from within Textadept.
- ctags -- A module for autoloading ctags, jumping between them, and autocompleting from them.
- Elastic Tabstops -- An implementation of Nick Gravgaard’s Elastic tabstops mechanism.
- Selected word marker allows you to select text in your buffer and all occurrences of that word will be surrounded by a box-indicator.
- Brian's common functions
- Folding Key Commands
- Math - Replace selected equation with its value
- Open terminal here (Linux/BSD)
- Open webpage or link
- Replace Posix time with date
- Combining close and unsplit
- Delete Lines
- Enclose functions
- Alternative save strips whitespace function
- Goto Symbol (filtered list)
- Quick "find next" for words under the cursor
- C/C++: completion with clang++
- C/C++: automatic indentation with uncrustify
- Highlight trailing whitespace
Collections of Modifications,
Articles, Guides, and Write-ups
- Beautify Textadept
- Textadept and Snippets
- Textadept Language Lexers
- Textadept Modules
- Review: Textadept
- Textadept is fun to use and hack - Part 1
- Easy entry of ISO-Latin-1 characters with Textadept
- A folding exercise
- Keybord map like screen utility
- Locale dependent key shortcuts
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Linux / BSD Desktop integration (freedesktop.org .desktop file)
- Stupid shell trick for launching Textadept, among other GUI programs, from the console.
- Using Regex instead of Lua Patterns
- Viewer mode
- Send selected text to tmux to work with a REPL from within TextAdept
- Supplemental XPMs for autocompletion lists.
- Adeptsense - code autocompletion and documentation.
Notes and Scripts for Older Versions
Stuff Only Working for 6.x
Stuff Only Working for 5.x
Stuff Only Working for 3.x and 4.x
- Load "Common" modules
- Zen-coding-style hypertext snippets
- XML editing utilities
- Line Wrap
- Function Selector - Manage lua functions with a filtered list
- Rectangular Selection
- Insert Filename
- quote enclose and add a comma to each line of selected text