Re: [code] [textadept] Number margin styling

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:21:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012, Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so let's test this new list!
> I'd like to get a visual cue which "view" is active. In the past I
> used hiding the scroll bar on a view_{after, before}_switch event.
> This didn't work too well because hiding the scroll bar can change how
> long lines are displayed.
> I thought about changing the number margin color. Is this possible? With TextUI?
> It might also be useful to hide the number margin for TextRedux dialog buffers.

I have found buffer.caret_line_visible to be useful in eyeballing the
active view, but if the caret is scrolled out of position due to view
splitting then this becomes problematic.

You should be able to change the margin color on the fly using the
buffer.style_fore and buffer.style_back tables for l.style_line_number
(33), but it probably resets when re-styling the view so this may not be
the most practical route.

You are subscribed to code.at.foicica.com.