Re: [code] [textadept] Localisatino

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:49:20 +0200

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Robert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am testing a German localisation for menus etc. right now. There is
>> a problem with the GTK strings like gtk-open. The Mac and Windows
>> versions do no ship with all locales so these strings are not
>> translated. On the Linux version when using a translated UI there is a
>> mix of translated GTK strings and the strings from Textadept.
>> Maybe it would be better to translate all strings?
>

> If all strings are translated, then we don't get the menu icons for the
> stock items. That begs the question, how important are the menu icons?

On OS X I don't have them in the menu, on Windows there are icons, but
other apps like Firefox don't have them. I see the menus mostly as a
tool to learn the short cuts or explore TA's possibilities. Also, most
menu items with a symbol are in very consistent positions throughout
applications anyway, 'new', 'open' on top, 'quit' at the bottom of the
file menu.