Re: [code][textadept] OS X improvements

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:48:14 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On OSX there are already shortcuts for deleting word and line left. What is
> the reason for adding the ones you sent? If it is because they are "common"
> in OSX apps, I am skeptical only for the reason that Neil has balked on
> matching Scintilla key commands with the "common" ones. Users might get
> confused if ta matches some but not others.

Because I use them (out of habit) and the behavior shown without the
patch is 'undo' for alt-backspace, which is weird. I haven't found a
complete list, but I try to submit them as I find missing ones. The
other one seems to be standard, too.

> I will update the name. The issue is still in my inbox, but thanks for the
> reminder.

Thank you, I did not mean to suggest older issues could have been forgotten. :-)
The 'ta' script would need to be updated, too, and should be moved
inside the zip, next to Textadept.app. Otherwise nobody will find it,
I guess. I have put an updated version here:
https://gist.github.com/2251990

Another question, do you have an idea to make it easier to use the JIT
version? I find the difference in startup speed quite worth switching.
Or rather, how about making it the default? If anyone experiences
problems, we might switch back.