Re: [code][textadept] OS X improvements

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:06:48 -0400 (EDT)

Robert,

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, Robert wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> [snip>]
>
>> I will update the name. The issue is still in my inbox, but thanks for the
>> reminder.
>>
> Thank you, I did not mean to suggest older issues could have been forgotten. :-)
> The 'ta' script would need to be updated, too, and should be moved
> inside the zip, next to Textadept.app. Otherwise nobody will find it,
> I guess. I have put an updated version here:
> https://gist.github.com/2251990

I am exploring single-instance functionality for the next release and
since that script is a mechanism for it on OSX, it would be documented
and made more readily available in the future. It has been updated for
tomorrow's release though.

> Another question, do you have an idea to make it easier to use the JIT
> version? I find the difference in startup speed quite worth switching.
> Or rather, how about making it the default? If anyone experiences
> problems, we might switch back.

As a quick hack for this release, if a TEXTADEPTJIT environment variable
is not empty, the JIT instance will load. This is experimental,
undocumented, and subject to change. I will enable and document this or a
similar feature for 5.3. Thanks for the reminder; I have been meaning to
do this.