Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 5.2

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:36:31 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, steve donovan wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback. I recall trying to do annotations in the past, but
>> I don't remember why I decided against them. I will revisit this. Thanks for
>> the suggestion.
>
> Actually, the way you're currently using Scintilla annotations is
> great, at least for Lua; it is good to see errors inline.
>
> It would be cool to do it for C/C++ as well, but this is not so important.

After compiling/running or on save?

> BTW, what would be the recommended way to bind 'compile' to running 'make'?

I don't know if there is a recommended way because I've never done so. The
simplest way is probably to bind the compile command to a makefile
(_M.textadept.run.run_command.make = 'make -f %(filename)'). Otherwise for
C or other files you would have to search for a makefile in a set of
directories, falling back on compiling the single file by itself and that
can get messy.