Re: [code] Profiling Lua

From: Brian Schott <briancschott.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:23:29 -0700

More information:

1) The absolutely terrible behavior I was seeing is due to my D
module. I'll need to investigate further why that is. The rest of
these notes are from a clean ~/.textadept folder.

2) The file still takes nearly 10 seconds to load. SciTE loads this
instantly. Removing the D entry from mime_types.conf causes the file
to be loaded in roughly 23 seconds. This is very strange, as I thought
that the container lexer was supposed to be the fastest since it
doesn't do anything.

3) Things as simple as cursor movement have significant lag when the
lexer is set to "container" and the cursor is near the bottom of the
file. Placing the cursor near the top of the file OR setting the lexer
back to D brings the speed back to what is expected (i.e. instant).