Re: [code] No Localization

From: Rena <hyperhacker.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 04:16:03 -0600

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Rena <hyperhacker.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Sun, 6 May 2012, Rena wrote:
>>
>>> Somehow I've got TextAdept showing "No Localization" for nearly every
>>> string. I've removed ~/.textadept/locale.conf and verified that the
>>> original in core/ is still intact, and tried copying that to
>>> ~/.textadept, but it's not helping. I originally had a copy of
>>> locale.conf from 5.0 to add a few strings for new menu options I'd
>>> added, and replaced it with a copy from 5.3, and this happened...
>>

>> Can you send a copy of your modified locale.conf?
>>
>> Mitchell
>> --
>>

> At this point I've deleted the custom version leaving only the
> unmodified version in textadept/core. I've even deleted and
> re-extracted the executable and files from the original archive.
>
> --
> Sent from my Game Boy.

Aha, I found the problem. Deleting my custom locale.conf did fix most
of the text, but left the menus broken, because I'd gone and removed
the underscores from various menu items. :V

Also, I think this makes a nice improvement in locale.lua:

- return setmetatable(M, { __index = function() return M._NIL end })
+ return setmetatable(M, { __index = function(t, k)
+ return '<' .. tostring(k) .. '>'
+ end })

Then instead of all missing items showing "No localization", they show
the string it failed to find, so you can at least get an idea of what
the text was supposed to be, and tell which strings are missing from
your locale.conf.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.