Re: [code] [textadept] io.popen with and without JIT

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:31:08 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Robert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that commands run through io.popen don't work with the
>> non-jitted 5.2 version (on OS X).
>> Any ideas why that is? I don't check any further return values.
>

> I cannot reproduce in 5.2 or the latest 5.4 on OSX.
>
> In the command entry, I tried 'p = io.popen("ls")' and
> 'print(p:read("*all"))' and I get the expected list of files and
> directories.

thanks for looking into it. With your example I finally figured it out.
When I launch Textadept via the Quicksilver launcher the path set
in environment.plist is apparently not picked up. I found references
to this when using Spotlight to launch an app, however Spotlight
works for me.
When launching with the ta script or with a double click it works
all the time.