Re: [code] Plans for Textadept NCurses mode?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:51:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brian,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Brian Schott wrote:

> I built a copy of TA with ncurses support. It seems like very fun
> idea. A few questions so far:
> 1) Will there be support for having Ctrl+c be "cut" instead of sending
> SIGINT? Same with key combos like shift+up extending selection up one
> line, etc.

Yes, for now I need Ctrl+C to kill the process incase ta mis-behaves. It's
more convenient than opening another terminal, ps aux|grep textadept, then
kill -kill pid.

Right now shift+up should extend the selection... at least in a modern
terminal. The dumb terminals via Ctrl+Alt+F1 et. al. do not understand
Shif+Arrow keys or much else.

> 2) I noticed that the stderr output of a child process that I use for
> a plugin seems to mess up the window. Will it be the responsibility of
> script authors to redirect this to /dev/null, or will TA eventually
> handle this?

I'm not sure and haven't thought about it. ta should probably handle it,
but I'll have to research how.

> 3) Is support for terminal window resize events planned?

Yes, once I stabilize things.

> 4) Can the makefile be modified to build both versions? I currently
> have a "textadept" (gtk) and "ta" (curses) binary on my PATH.

Do you mean build both versions at once? I could try to tweak the new
Makefile to do so...