Re: [code] [textadept] Issues

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:59:30 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Robert,

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Robert wrote:

> Hi Mitchell.
>
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay the hypertext.lua lexer is fixed in hg.
>
> Thank you!
>
>> As for the function key
>> problem, can you uncomment the first 'print' statement in core/keys.lua and
>> tell me what the key value is? Thanks.
>>
> It's
> com.textadept: 16777232 nil false false false false
> independent of which funtion key is pressed. I tried both ways to use
> function keys, as standard function keys or with fn-key.

When you say "function key", do you mean the actual "Fn" key modifier? Or
the special keys that do things like change the volume, screen brightness,
etc.? Try adding:

     [16777232] = 'fn'

to core/keys.lua's KEYSYMS table and let me know if that works. It should
at least stop inserting "DLE". I think Scintilla is only looking at the
low 24 bits in a key code and the number you gave has decimal 16 in the
low 24 bits, which corresponds to "DLE" in ASCII. My Thinkpad's "Fn" key
gives 16777215 which sets all low 24 bits and is probably ignored by
Scintilla.