Re: [code] [textadept] Issues

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:05:19 +0200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>>> As for the function key
>>> problem, can you uncomment the first 'print' statement in core/keys.lua
>>> and
>>> tell me what the key value is? Thanks.
>>>
>> It's
>> com.textadept: 16777232 nil false false false false
>> independent of which funtion key is pressed. I tried both ways to use
>> function keys, as standard function keys or with fn-key.
>

> When you say "function key", do you mean the actual "Fn" key modifier? Or
> the special keys that do things like change the volume, screen brightness,
> etc.? Try adding:
>
> [16777232] = 'fn'
>
> to core/keys.lua's KEYSYMS table and let me know if that works. It should at
> least stop inserting "DLE". I think Scintilla is only looking at the low 24
> bits in a key code and the number you gave has decimal 16 in the low 24
> bits, which corresponds to "DLE" in ASCII. My Thinkpad's "Fn" key gives
> 16777215 which sets all low 24 bits and is probably ignored by Scintilla.
>

> Mitchell

Thanks for looking into it! Adding this to core/keys.lua did not help.
I meant the 'fn'-modifier key. OS X has a setting to define how these
keys works. A press on f1, f2 etc. can be handled as a regular
function key press and with 'fn' act to modify brightness etc. or the
reverse. I checked both variants.

I just checked, and the last version to handle function keys without
problems on OS X is 5.0. 5.1 introduced the change to the Cocoa-based
GtkOSXApplication, so likely there something changed. The changes it
rev. 83f0fb92a6780 (1051) for core/keys.lua are only related to the
menu handling, right?