Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 6.0 beta

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:54:50 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Tang,

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Tang Daogang wrote:

> hi, Mitchell,
>
> The problem I met was, after touch ESC key, I need to wait some time to
> type another key, else it would insert an escape char in to buffer, this is
> not my desire.

I understand. I've looked into this and it appears to not be configurable.
From the ncurses man page:

"When a character that could be the beginning of a function key is
received (which, on modern terminals, means an escape character), curses
sets a timer. If the remainder of the sequence does not come in within
the designated time, the character is passed through; otherwise, the
function key value is returned. For this reason, many terminals
experience a delay between the time a user presses the escape key and the
escape is returned to the program."