Re: [code] [textadept] Input delay

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:40:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Klaus,

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Klaus Borges wrote:

> I don't know if this is expected since my hardware isn't really that good,
> but I've been experiencing input lags on Textadept running on both Arch
> Linux and Windows 7 when handling files with more than 50 lines, which
> isn't that much to begin with. Whenever I start typing something after that
> 50 line or so barrier (maybe it's due to the character amount) it just lags
> and takes 0.5s or more until the character shows up.
> And that only happens with Textadept, I have no problem at all with most
> text editors running on my netbook.

Do the files have particularly long lines? Are they plain-text or source
files? If source files, what language are they being highlighted as?
Attaching the source file in question may be helpful too if you care to do
that.

I've noticed some input lag with files hundreds of lines long with no
lines over 80 chars on my netbook, but not 50.

Thanks,