Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 6.0 beta

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:47:57 -0400 (EDT)

Tang,

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Tang Daogang wrote:

> and more bug reports, all about ncurse :)
>
> 1. the selection: when I use Shift + down/up, it has no effects now;

Some terminals are dumb and don't respond to Shift+Arrow keys. LXTerminal
and xterm work fine for me, but Linux's tty terminals are an example of
terminals that are dumb.

> 2. the selection: when I use Alt+Shift+I, it seems that it doesn't work
> correctly (but more like Alt+Shift+P);

The LuaDoc for `select_indented_block()` states:

"Selects indented blocks intelligently. If no block of text is selected,
all text with the current level of indentation is selected. If a block of
text is selected and the lines to the top and bottom of it are one
indentation level lower, they are added to the selection. In all other
cases, the behavior is the same as if no text is selected."

This may explain the Alt+Shift+P behavior you witness.

> 3. no deletion to word left feature now;

Yes there is no key command for this at the moment.

> and
> 1. how to return the last position my cursor was at? and next position?

What do you mean? If you are expecting behavior like other editors, it
probably isn't there. Cursor positions are not marked for returning to.
You can use bookmarks, but those are only for lines, not cursor positions.

> 2. when I exit from ta buffer editing a file, when I reenter next time, I
> can't reach the last cursor line number auto, how to configure?

I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but ta does not save
cursor positions for closed buffers, only for saved sessions. If you were
to exit ta itself when inside a buffer, the cursor position will be
restored on startup. Please let me know if that didn't answer your
question.