Re: [code] [textadept] Input delay

From: Klaus Borges <klausborgs.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 15:39:14 -0300

Mitchell,

I hope you don't mind, but I'll use a text generator to illustrate my
problem since the only file I have at hand right now is a plain text file
of a story I've been working on. I used bacon ipsum (
http://baconipsum.com/?paras=50&type=all-meat&start-with-lorem=1 ) set to
50 paragraphs and I pasted it into a new file. It has basically the same
structure as the story, since my paragraphs are long lines. When I paste
the generated text twice, it starts lagging.
I recall having input lags while editing a ruby project and some C source
files too.

Isn't there a workaround or fix for these issues? I tested some bulkier
editors and they seem to handle it pretty well, I monitored CPU and memory
usage and it's normal. And it doesn't seem to be GTK either, since gVim
runs pretty smooth.

Thanks!