Re: [code] [textadept] Input delay

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan94.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:12:43 -0400

On 08/04/2012 10:40 AM, Mitchell wrote:

> I've noticed some input lag with files hundreds of lines long with no
> lines over 80 chars on my netbook, but not 50.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

I routinely have book chapters >1500 lines but I do hard wrapping at 66
characters (the ideal length of a text line for reading).

No issues of any sort with any version of Textadept starting with 5.4 up
through the latest 6.0 beta.

I have an old Dell C840 laptop with a 1.73GHz Pentium 4M and 1GB RAM.
Just switched to Xubuntu 12.04 but same good behavior on FreeBSD 9.0

--
Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan USA
“Writing is a combination of intangible