[code] [textadept] freezes while running a script.

From: Jason <jpriest8ml.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:39:09 -0500

Hi,

I'm having trouble with Textadept freezing while executing a script.
If I either run a long loop, or wait on things like sockets in the script,
the entire Textadept UI will freeze.

Since I'm trying to modernize the outdated Textadept debugger[1] to use a
remote debugger this proves problematic, so I'd like to request that a
feature
be added that allows for `modules/textadept/run.lua` to run a command
without
having all of Textadept waiting for it to finish. It seems to me that
this is a very
common feature among editors/IDEs, so I hope Textadept will soon follow
suit.

I have though about implementing this with LuaLanes to create a new
thread, but this is
probably far too bulky of a solution to make it into an actual Textadept
release.

So, thoughts about this?

    [1] http://foicica.com/wiki/lua-debugger