Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 6.0 beta 3

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:38:06 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Tang,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Tang Daogang wrote:

> hi,
>
> It seems doesn't work.
>
> I find some lines in keys.lua
>
> local function move(s) buffer[mark_mode and s..'_extend' or s](_G.buffer)
> end
>
> keys['c^'] = function() mark_mode = not mark_mode end
> keys['c]'] = buffer.swap_main_anchor_caret
>
> this line 'function() mark_mode = not mark_mode end' seems do nothing
> rather than assignment.

On a US English keyboard and in LXTerminal, when I press Ctrl+6 and then
press arrow keys (without Shift), I get a selection.

In your ~/.textadept/init.lua you might want to test something like

     keys.mz = keys['c^']

or another key combination that your keyboard supports. 'c^' may not work
on all keyboards.

You are correct that the function you mention does nothing other than
assignment, but the work is being done in the move() function -- testing
what the assignment is before performing the appropriate action.