Re: [code] textadept6 beta3 - some feeling and suggestion

From: John Ferrier <john_j_ferrier.att.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mitchell,   Thank you for your reply.   As for 3),  you are right - I have not defined any custom key commands. Also I forgot to mention that I got same error message with "textadeptjit".     Regards,   JF ________________________________ From: Mitchell <m@foicica.com> To: "code@foicica.com" <code@foicica.com> Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 10:44 AM Subject: Re: [code] textadept6 beta3 - some feeling and suggestion Hi John, On Fri, 12 Oct 2012, John Ferrier wrote: > Hi, > > I have been using textadept (beta3, x86_64) for a while. I like it but I have a few questions / suggestions: > > 1) Can I save my current preferences to the file? No. You will have to define your preferences manually. However, some preferences need to be saved in certain files, like theme files. For example, if you want to save your indentation settings, it would go in a theme's "buffer.lua" file. More information on theme preferences is here[1] and general preferences is here[2]. If you let us know what preferences you would like to save, we can help you out more directly. > 2) Can I make a rectangle selection using mouse + (Alt, shift, ctrl key(s) etc.)? Although this is discussed in the manual[3], I would not be surprised if Ubuntu or other window managers eat up the "Alt+Shift+Arrow" key combinations. The next manual will include a note that some window manager keys will need to be reconfigured. At the moment, holding the "Super" key (probably your "Windows" key) and dragging the mouse should create rectangular selections in Linux, however I wouldn't be surprised if Ubuntu takes control of the "Super" key as well... > 3) on Ubuntu 12.04 + Unity2d, I got some annoying warning: > > (textadept:2245): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion `keyname != NULL' failed > > (textadept:2245): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion `keyname != NULL' failed > > Is this a bug?  Can we supress it? I will look into this when I get a chance. You probably have not defined any custom key commands have you? Since key bindings in the menus are determined programatically by function reference, it is possible custom keys can throw this out of whack. Mitchell [1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/08_Preferences.html [2]: http://foicica.com/textadept/09_Themes.html [3]: http://foicica.com/textadept/06_AdeptEditing.html#Rectangular.Selection