Re: [code] about indentation

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:06:41 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

John,

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, John Ferrier wrote:

> Hi Mitchell:
>
> did you mean "Simplified auto-indent; modules/textadept/editing.lua"?
> That doesn't help - I also compiled textadept using the latest source
> code in hg and got the same result.

After looking into this more, this functionality is by design. The
documentation for _M.textadept.editing.AUTOINDENT is "Match the
indentation level of the previous line when pressing the `Enter`". This is
what you are seeing, even though it's not what you expect. The expected
behavior should probably be in the cpp language module, but I will not be
working on it. I'm open to a patch, though.