Re: [code] TA actually launched two windows?

From: John Ferrier <john_j_ferrier.att.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mitchell,   I do see many programmer's editors being slow in loading files because in addition to just reading the file they need do a lot of extra work such as syntax highlighting etc, and those things takes time - that's normal IMO. My point is before everything gets ready, actually you can not start to use TA even if the GUI has already been displayed. A reviews said "TextAdept took about half a minute to load my 42M text file of 1.2 million lines" - that's not bad.   Regards,   JF ----- Original Message ----- From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> To: "code.att.foicica.com" <code.att.foicica.com> Cc: Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:38 AM Subject: Re: [code] TA actually launched two windows? Hi John, On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, John Ferrier wrote: > It seems that TA first opens a window with the default size, then resizes it to the size saved in the session file. Why does TA not open the window directly with the size saved in the session file if "-n" option is not used? When the GUI is being constructed, ta has no knowledge about sessions. Session functionality is loaded after the application initializes and the window is shown. I could wait until all code is loaded and run before showing the window, but then ta could feel slow. I want the GUI up and displayed as quickly as possible. Mitchell -- You are subscribed to code.att.foicica.com. To change subscription settings, send an e-mail to code+help.att.foicica.com. To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to code+unsubscribe.att.foicica.com.