Re: [code] Saw textadept on HN

From: Brian Schott <briancschott.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:33:28 -0800

Hello. Just noticed TA got to the front page of HN. I'm not the author of
the project, but I've been around a while. I made that video of the Zen
module (and the zen module itself). Careful what you post on Youtube, I
guess. You never know how much it'll be shared.

1. I don't know if anyone has made Emacs key bindings yet. You should be
able to emulate everything you want by binding custom functions to the
various key combinations. See
http://foicica.com/textadept/api/keys.htmlfor some info on this.
Because Textadept is based on Scintilla, I've found
that the Scintilla documentation (http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html)
is really useful for finding which movement and editing commands are built
in and which you may have to write yourself.

2. You should be able to run any command line utility you want and process
its output with a bit of Lua code. For an example of this, see the function
bound to the events.FILE_AFTER_SAVE event in the Python module. (
http://foicica.com/hg/python/file/1c3f51fbb50b/init.lua) It's basically a
combo of some regular expressions tied in to the annotation feature of
Scintilla (http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#Annotations)