Re: [code] TA loading big C file

From: John Ferrier <john_j_ferrier.att.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:18:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mitchell,   I saw big improvment in memory usage (at least). The stable version of TA (6.0) failed to load the mentioned big C file but my compiled TA could load it. Cheers, JF ----- Original Message ----- From: Mitchell <m@foicica.com> To: "code@foicica.com" <code@foicica.com> Cc: Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:48 PM Subject: Re: [code] TA loading big C file Hi John, On Fri, 2 Nov 2012, John Ferrier wrote: > Hi, > > I have a big C file (~58M and ~1.5M lines). When I tried to open it with TA ("ta aaa.c") I got: > > Lua Error: not enough memory. > Lua Error: Table of tokens expected from lexer.lex. If you're feeling adventurous, you can grab and compile the latest LexLPeg.cxx and lexers/lexer.lua from scintillua[1] hg. I improved speed and memory usage a bit. Do not use in a production environment though as the changes have not been fully tested. I will continue to look into this, but thought I would give you a heads up. Cheers, Mitchell [1]: http://foicica.com/hg/scintillua > > > I have about 2G physical memory. However, if changed the file name and loaded it as a text file ("ta aaa") then there was no problem. > > Regards, > > JF > Mitchell -- You are subscribed to code@foicica.com. To change subscription settings, send an e-mail to code+help@foicica.com. To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to code+unsubscribe@foicica.com.