[code] questions about textadept

From: Kartik Agaram <ak.att.akkartik.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:55:21 -0800

Hi, I found out about TextAdept from the recent HN submission
(http://foicica.com/lists/code/201211/0355.html). Yes, it's terrible
that most of the discussion reverted to vim vs emacs. I was interested
in getting your responses to a couple of questions that were raised
there (perhaps after y'all last visited):

a) "It's a little off-putting that the documentation brags about the
low line count without mentioning the use of Scintilla, which already
implements *most of a text editor*."
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4801113

b) (my question): "I just tried it out and parts of the ncurses UI
seems less responsive than I'm used to in vim. For example, try
hitting ctrl-alt-f for incremental find, then hit esc to leave it. It
seems to take a second to exit incremental find mode. Does anybody
else see this?" http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4801553

Hopefully responses to these questions will redeem that thread somewhat..

Thanks,
Kartik
http://akkartik.name