Re: [code] questions about textadept

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:50:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Kartik Agaram wrote:

> b) (my question): "I just tried it out and parts of the ncurses UI
> seems less responsive than I'm used to in vim. For example, try
> hitting ctrl-alt-f for incremental find, then hit esc to leave it. It
> seems to take a second to exit incremental find mode. Does anybody
> else see this?" http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4801553

This is due to how ncurses handles escape sequences. From the manpage:

"While interpreting an input escape sequence, [a timer is set] while
waiting for the next character. [...] The purpose of the timeout is to
differentiate between sequences received from a function keyand those
typed by a user."

I think Vim uses termcap instead of ncurses and thus does not inherit this
feature.