Re: [code] Troubles compiling and running TextAdept under Debian

From: Rob Kendrick <rjek+foicica.com.att.rjek.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:06:46 +0000

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:33:35PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Rob Kendrick wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 09:57:33PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> >>LuaJIT does not seem to be building. A couple guys at the Lua
> >>conference figured out that it was because "uname -i" doesn't return
> >>the proper value on Debian.
> >
> >(Oops; misconfigured mail client used wrong From: header on previous
> >attempt.)
> >
> >Previously, I have been able to build stock LuaJIT fine on this system;
> >is this some extra layer that's been put in TextAdept's build system?
> >What happens if I try to build it on a system that isn't supported by
> >LuaJIT?
>
> I don't know, but maybe something similar. Textadept is supported on
> i386 and x86_64 so it should ultimately build on those arches
> without fail.

What about the other platforms LuaJIT runs on? Perhaps the Makefile
should not build the JIT version by default and instead have it as a
seperately-buildable target for people building on systems that are not
PCs? For work, I'll almost certainly want to be using it on ARM and
MIPS systems :)

(Email typed in TextAdept. Perhaps I shall write an Email mode! :)

B.