Re: [code] Troubles compiling and running TextAdept under Debian

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 22:11:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi Rob,

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012, Rob Kendrick wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:33:35PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
>> Hi Rob,

>>> (Oops; misconfigured mail client used wrong From: header on previous
>>> attempt.)
>>>
>>> Previously, I have been able to build stock LuaJIT fine on this system;
>>> is this some extra layer that's been put in TextAdept's build system?
>>> What happens if I try to build it on a system that isn't supported by
>>> LuaJIT?
>>
>> I don't know, but maybe something similar. Textadept is supported on
>> i386 and x86_64 so it should ultimately build on those arches
>> without fail.
>
> What about the other platforms LuaJIT runs on? Perhaps the Makefile
> should not build the JIT version by default and instead have it as a
> seperately-buildable target for people building on systems that are not
> PCs? For work, I'll almost certainly want to be using it on ARM and
> MIPS systems :)

I think some modifications to the Makefile are in order then :)

Just a thought: if you go into src/luajit and build it manually and copy
the resulting library into ../ as libluajit.a or libluajit32.a (depending
on your arch), the Makefile shouldn't try to rebuild LuaJIT for your
platform. You'll probably still need to edit the Makefile anyway. Let me
know if I can help. Good luck!