Re: [code] How to build TextAdept for the Raspberry Pi on Debian

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 21:55:52 -0500 (EST)

Ryan,

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> If you don't want to mess with hg, just grab the latest src/textadept.c
>> and src/Makefile files and throw them into your 6.0 source folder to build.
>> Otherwise, make sure you have the source version of 6.0 and copy all
>> directories in *src/* to your hg's *src/* directory. You'll then have all
>> the files you need to build Textadept.
>

> OK that is what I did. How did you put together the src tarball? That other
> code is not in a repo anywhere? Did you use subrepo's?

I have some sub repos in *src/* like gtdialog and Scintilla. I also put
the Lua and LuaJIT releases in there. I have some rules in the Makefile
that build the src release with the others. The "$(basedir).src" rule
shows you what stuff I copy that's not in the textadept repo.

>> Maybe. The makefile does not have ARM in mind, but there's a chance it
>> will all work. If it doesn't, patches are welcome. Let me know if I can be
>> of assistance. Good luck!
>

> It won't build LuaJIT and gives this error:
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pi/devel/hg/textadept/src/luajit'
>> ==== Building LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta11 ====
>> make -C src
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -m32
>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/pi/devel/hg/textadept/src/luajit/src'
>> Makefile:230: *** Unsupported target architecture. Stop.
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/devel/hg/textadept/src/luajit/src'
>> make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/devel/hg/textadept/src/luajit'
>> make: *** [libluajit32.a] Error
>
> Is there a way to build TextAdept without LuaJit? Just so I can continue to
> test?

In the 'all' target on line 177, just comment out or remove
'textadeptjit'.