RE: [code] TA loading big C file

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 22:28:44 -0500 (EST)

John and All,

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012, John Hind wrote:

> Yes, IMHO TA needs some improvements in the way it loads large files. I
> tried a 700K byte (6300 lines) HTML/Javascript file and it takes 1min 9 secs
> to load!
> [snip]

I committed a small change[1] to hg that loads large files *instantly*
(provided they were not in a session file with caret positions far down in
the files). I cannot believe I didn't think of the solution before! I was
going down the wrong path for a while before figuring this out. However,
if you load a big file and press Ctrl+End (goto end of file), the UI will
still block until the entire file is lexed by Scintillua, but this is
similar behavior to SciTE (tested on 741k, ~7000 line ScintillaDoc.html)
and thus acceptable for the time being. I will see what I can do to speed
up lexing, but this initial hurdle has been cleared.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/63e57ff158fb