Re: [code] @Mitchell: state and further development of TextAdept

From: steve donovan <steve.j.donovan.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:37:32 +0200

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM, naquad <naquad.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Add Python scripting support (because Python is more expressive and rich
> language, no one says Lua will be dropped).

Well, clearly the author might disagree with that. Python is not an
easy language to add for _scripting_ support, and Lua is just as
capable; it just doesn't have the big built-in library.

That applies to things like 'OOP not functional' - Lua is not Python,
and in fact is closer to JavaScript. Not everything needs to be a
class.

As for more 'intelligent' Gtk+ binding, such things are possible (lgi
uses GObject introspection) but (a) makes deployment on the three
platforms _much_ more difficult and (b) misses the point of having a
really minimal binding to Gtk. I think Michell is justly proud of his
thousand lines of C.

steve d.