Re: [code] @Mitchell: state and further development of TextAdept

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:19:56 +0100

Hi.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM, naquad <naquad.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> 4. VIM mode (yes, once you get used to it you can never quit).

[..]

> 3. Implementing VIM engine (I bet it can be ported from evil (emacs) or some
> another open source implementation).

As for Vim, with Github's recently revamped search I came across this:
https://github.com/lammermann/ta-vim

It isn't looking to have complete coverage of Vim commands, but it is a start...

As for your questions about UI extensibility you might have a look at
the text-based TextUI and Textredux:
http://rgieseke.github.com/textredux/
https://github.com/rgieseke/textui