Re: [code] @Mitchell: state and further development of TextAdept

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:35:42 +0800

On 26 January 2013 09:13, naquad <naquad.att.gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Moving code base from functional to object-oriented paradigm (GObject).

Please, let's not continue evangelizing and promulgating what is probably
the industry's biggest mistake over the past two decades? Pretty please?

> 3. Implementing VIM engine (I bet it can be ported from evil (emacs) or
> some another open source implementation).

Here's a thought: if you want Vim, use Vim. Really, what's this fetish in
the industry for importing thing X wholesale into thing Y?

I like TextAdept precisely *because* it's not OOP and as a Vim user, if I
want to use Vim, I fire up Vim. I don't want Vim in every other bloody
piece of software I use!