Re: [code] @Mitchell: state and further development of TextAdept

From: <lists.att.drwilly.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:13:35 +0100

On Jan 28, 2013 11:26, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013, lists.att.drwilly.de wrote:
>
> Does XEmbed allow for opening files from the one instance in another
> instance/window to be grabbed by tabbed? I'm not sure I understand the
> concept of these tools.
>
> Mitchell

I only know XEmbed as a user of tabbed, so I don't know what exactly TA would need to do to make this work but it works like this:
First you start tabbed (which is an application that basically provides an empty window) and get it's xId. Then for example URxvt has the -embed <xId> option. So you run "urxvt -embed $xId" from the shell or somewhere else and you get the urxvt instance as a tab inside tabbed.