Re: [code] Key Chains

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:38:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> Sorry for the next few days as I hammer the list with questions, but I've
> just recently decided to use textadept as my full-time editor for a month
> (or more if I decide I like it a lot) and am now hitting all the vague
> areas, etc.
>
> I'm confused about "key chains" (
> http://foicica.com/textadept/api/keys.html#Key.Chains). I can't figure out
> how to use them and my experiments with them proved disastrous. Could
> someone show me a concrete example of use?

There are concrete examples in the language modules. For example,
modules/lua/init.lua:153 has Ctrl+L and then M opening the module when the
current file is Lua, and the Java module demonstrates a level 3 keychain
(like Ctrl+L, G, C).

Feel free to post anything you're having trouble with. Keychains can
certainly be problematic!