Re: [code] Key Chains

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:31:20 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Michael,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> Well, I guess the first problem I'm having is that I can't see anything in
> the lua/init.lua at or near line 153 that does anything with any keys.
> This is what I'm seeing (149-159):
>
> ---
> -- Container for Lua-specific key bindings.
> -- @class table
> -- @name _G.keys.lua
> keys.lua = {
> [keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX] = {
> m = {io.open_file,
> (_HOME..'/modules/lua/init.lua'):iconv('UTF-8', _CHARSET)},
> },
> ['s\n'] = M.try_to_autocomplete_end,
> }
>
> Where is anything being bound to anything? And when I try Ctrl+L,M ...
> nothing happens. I think I'm just not understanding the whole premise here.

Sorry for the confusion. As Robert pointed out,
"keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX" is the beginning of a keychain. For GUIs,
LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX is 'cl' (Ctrl+L on non-OSX and Cmd+L on OSX). Since
the table assigned to the key is an assignment table, the key is
recognized to be the prefix of a keychain. When Ctrl+L is typed, Textadept
waits for the next key to perform an action. If the key is M (not
Shift+M), then it opens the Lua module. Otherwise, it doesn't recognize
the chain and resets.

I hope that clears up the confusion.