[code] Tab spacing weirdness in 6.3

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:34:33 +0800

Problem #1: the tab spacing is defaulting to 2. I have nothing anywhere in
any file setting tab spacing to 2.

Problem #2: adjusting the tab width in Buffers→Indentation isn't changing
the indentation levels. The status display says Spaces: 4 but tabbing
gives me two-space indentation.

Problem #3: this isn't consistent. I get two-space indentation from the
beginning of the line, but if I type something and hit tab, it goes to the
4 I expect.

I have no idea what's going on here. Can anybody let me know where to look?