Re: [code] Tab spacing weirdness in 6.3

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:52:40 +0800

On 5 February 2013 03:58, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Problem #2: adjusting the tab width in Buffers→Indentation isn't changing
>> the indentation levels. The status display says Spaces: 4 but tabbing
>> gives me two-space indentation.
>>

> I cannot reproduce this on a plain-text file:
>
> 1. Open Textadept.
> 2. Select Buffers -> Indentation -> Tab Width: 4.
> 3. Tab key --> 4 spaces inserted.

1. Open Textadept. (blank unnamed file)
2. Buffer→Indentation→Tab Width: 4.
3. Tab key → 2 spaces inserted

And yes, it does say Spaces: 4 at the bottom. And yes, it goes to 4 spaces
*after* text is inserted. Here's a screen shot.

> Perhaps you have custom indentation settings that are causing some
> problems? In the above example if I go to the command entry and enter
> "buffer.indent = 2" and then press Tab in the buffer, I get 2-space
> indentation even though my statusbar says 4. Reading the LuaDoc for
> buffer.tab_width vs buffer.indent may shed some light on this.

This is the entire contents of my init.lua:

_M.textadept = require 'textadept'

-- Personal settings

I'm at a complete loss here.