Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 11:07:45 -0500

Hi Mitchell,

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, John Ferrier wrote:
>

>> Textadept 6.3 + Ubuntu 12.04_X86_64 + Unity.
>>
>> 1) Open an existing file with TA by typing, e.g.,"ta a.cc";
>>
>> 2) Make any change to "a.cc" and save it;
>>
>> 3) Close "a.cc" and quit TA;
>> 4) Launch TA again (without following a file name" to make sure "a.cc" is
>> in "Open Recent" list;
>>
>> 5) Open another existing file with TA by typing, e.g., "ta b.cc";
>>
>> 6) Check "Open Recent" list again and you'll found "a.cc" is removed from
>> the list.
>>
>> I don't think this is logical.
>>

> When you give ta a file on the command line, ta does NOT read from any
> session files, including recent file lists from the default last session.
> Opening a file from the command line is considered to be a "new" session.

This is not the behavior that I believe most people would expect. In many
other editors I have used it has always been a running list of recent
files, not just recent files in the current session. Am
I misunderstanding the "Open Recent" feature? If not, I think that this
would be a good feature to add and maybe have a different menu item for
recent session files.

Thoughts?

--
Regards,