Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list

From: John Ferrier <john_j_ferrier.att.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 11:13:27 -0800 (PST)

Ryan,   I agree with you. Maybe this was by design, but is not what most people would expect. For me, the unexpection (though by design) also includes:   1) not support tabbed editing (IMO it is practically more useful than infinite splitting window view) 2) no automatic line number with adjustment; 3) Indentation is often over-indented.   I really think the core of TA is excellent, it is small, fast, very extensible and cross-platform. If the developers foucus more on these kinds of tiny details then TA would definitely go to the next higher level.     Regards, JF ________________________________ From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com> To: TextAdept Group <code.att.foicica.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:07 AM Subject: Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list Hi Mitchell, On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote: Hi John, > > >On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, John Ferrier wrote: > > > >> >>Textadept 6.3 + Ubuntu 12.04_X86_64 + Unity. >> >>1) Open an existing file with TA by typing, e.g.,"ta a.cc"; >> >>2) Make any change to "a.cc" and save it; >> >>3) Close "a.cc" and quit TA; >>4) Launch TA again (without following a file name" to make sure "a.cc" is in "Open Recent" list; >> >>5) Open another existing file with TA by typing, e.g., "ta b.cc"; >> >>6) Check "Open Recent" list again and you'll found "a.cc" is removed from the list. >> >>I don't think this is logical. >> > When you give ta a file on the command line, ta does NOT read from any session files, including recent file lists from the default last session. Opening a file from the command line is considered to be a "new" session. This is not the behavior that I believe most people would expect. In many other editors I have used it has always been a running list of recent files, not just recent files in the current session. Am I misunderstanding the "Open Recent" feature? If not, I think that this would be a good feature to add and maybe have a different menu item for recent session files. Thoughts? -- Regards, Ryan