Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:01:48 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

John,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, John Ferrier wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> I agree with you. Maybe this was by design, but is not what most people
> would expect. For me, the unexpection (though by design) also includes:
>
> 1) not support tabbed editing (IMO it is practically more useful than
> infinite splitting window view)

When I started writing ta, no editors other than Vim, Emacs, and jEdit
supported infinite splitting which was FAR more useful to me than tabs.

> 2) no automatic line number with adjustment;

If you're referring to the line number margin automatically re-sizing for
files with more than 10,000 lines, I don't want to have events firing
every keypress, '\n', paste, etc. checking for buffer.line_count > 9999.

> 3) Indentation is often over-indented.

What do you mean?

> I really think the core of TA is excellent, it is small, fast,
> very extensible and cross-platform. If the developers foucus more on
> these kinds of tiny details then TA would definitely go to the next
> higher level.

If I spent more time on tiny details, ta would grow little by little into
a bloated, unmanagable mess. Focusing on keeping the core lean makes ta
excellent in the first place.