Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list

From: John Ferrier <john_j_ferrier.att.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 18:07:45 -0800 (PST)

For 3), please see http://foicica.com/lists/code/201210/0329.html. Regards, JF ----- Original Message ----- From: Mitchell <m@foicica.com> To: "code@foicica.com" <code@foicica.com> Cc: Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:01 PM Subject: Re: [code] a bug related with "Open Recent" list John, On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, John Ferrier wrote: > Ryan, > > I agree with you. Maybe this was by design, but is not what most people would expect. For me, the unexpection (though by design) also includes: > > 1) not support tabbed editing (IMO it is practically more useful than infinite splitting window view) When I started writing ta, no editors other than Vim, Emacs, and jEdit supported infinite splitting which was FAR more useful to me than tabs. > 2) no automatic line number with adjustment; If you're referring to the line number margin automatically re-sizing for files with more than 10,000 lines, I don't want to have events firing every keypress, '\n', paste, etc. checking for buffer.line_count > 9999. > 3) Indentation is often over-indented. What do you mean? > I really think the core of TA is excellent, it is small, fast, very extensible and cross-platform. If the developers foucus more on these kinds of tiny details then TA would definitely go to the next higher level. If I spent more time on tiny details, ta would grow little by little into a bloated, unmanagable mess. Focusing on keeping the core lean makes ta excellent in the first place. Mitchell