Re: [code] Tab spacing weirdness in 6.3

From: <lists.att.drwilly.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:46:19 +0100

On Feb 05, 2013 09:46, Mitchell wrote:
> Michael,
>
> It looks like you are using a custom theme. Check if you're setting
> buffer.indent = 2 anywhere in it.
>
> If your buffer.tab_size == 4 (which it does according to the screenshot)
> and tabbing inserts two spaces, I'm almost certain buffer.indent == 2. The
> default themes leave buffer.indent == 0 so it matches buffer.tab_size and
> averts this kind of confusion.
>
> Mitchell

So I just found out why the settings I made in my init.lua weren't working.
It's also the reason why the defaults that are in the documentation differ from the actual defaults in the editor.
To be honest I'm a little mindblown.
Why on earth would every theme that TA ships with set
buffer.tab_width = 2
buffer.use_tabs = false
buffer.tab_indents = true
and override whatever settings the user tries to use?
Why would a 'theme' interfere with editor settings at all??