Re: [code] Tab spacing weirdness in 6.3

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 20:56:10 +0100

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM, <lists.att.drwilly.de> wrote:
> On Feb 06, 2013 09:31, Mitchell wrote:
[..]
>> > Why would a 'theme' interfere with editor settings at all??
>>
>> It's a compromise. init.lua cannot be executed every time a buffer is
>> opened to set buffer settings. The purpose of init.lua is for user
>> initialization scripts. I needed a way to have custom buffer and view
>> settings that could be executed every time a buffer/view is opened and
>> that's where the "theme" concept comes from. I think the manual
>> documentation on Themes makes this clear, but please give feedback if it
>> is not.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mitchell
>
> I agree with your counterargument regarding the defaults, and I agree that the documentation on Themes makes this clear.
> I however do not agree that "themes" should interfere with those kind of settings.
> To me the question is where to modify the "default" editor behavior (i.e. things that are not handled by a specific language module).
> And the answer to that shouldn't be "themes".

I have a function that is called on buffer_new etc. events[1]
Maybe this could be an approach, functions for buffer and view
settings, that can be overwritten in init.lua?
I would be very happy if the theme files were only about colors.

Robert

[1] https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common/blob/master/theming.lua