[code] os.getenv('LANG') not working on osx

From: Gilles Grégoire <gilles.gregoire.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:48:18 +0100

Hello,
I noticed that the localization file for my langage is not being used
by textadept on OSX.

Looking at the textadept code, I figured out that the current locale
should be detected at line 24 in core/locale.lua
There, Textadept calls os.getenv('LANG') to detect the current langage
and load the appropriate langage file if it exists.

It appears that in Textadept, os.getenv('LANG') always returns nil on
OSX. Executing this lua code in the command entry:
  print(os.getenv('LANG'))
will display:
  nil

This bug is very strange because my own version of lua correctly
reports fr_FR.UTF-8 when using os.getenv('LANG').

Any idea of what is going on here?

-- Gilles