Re: [code] [textadept] Python features not enabled?

From: seanh <snhmnd.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:38:48 +0100

> the Python module for Textadept needs to be installed separately. You
> can download it with other modules from the Downloads page:
>
> http://foicica.com/textadept/download
> Direct link:
> http://foicica.com/textadept/download/textadept_6.3.modules.zip
>
> Or grab it from Hg:
> http://foicica.com/hg/python/
>
> In any case you need to place the `python` directory in `.textadept/modules`.
> After a restart it will load automatically when you open a Python file.

Thanks. It seems to be working. When I put the modules in
.textadept/modules/ I got a file not found error, so I tried putting
them in the directory where it seemed to be looking for them, which was
the modules subdir in the textadept_6.3.x86_64 dir that I'm running the
textadept binary from.

Now I seem to have automatic indentation and some code completion for
Python.

What should I expect the code completion to be able to do? ctrl-space
and ctrl-h seem to work for Python builtins such as map(), but not for
anything else, for example not for standard library modules that I
import, nor for classes and functions that I define in the file I'm editing.

Is it still quite limited currently?