Re: [code] Feature request: application-centred dialogue boxes

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:54:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> When I hit Ctrl+B (as an example; almost anything that pops up a dialogue
> box has this problem) the dialogue box pops up in the centre of one of my
> screens. (Which one depends on whether I'm connected to an external HDMI
> or VGA monitor for obscure reasons related to X's display handling.) Given
> that I'm not necessarily looking at my main screen when coding, it would be
> nice if the dialogue box opened centred in the *editor*'s main window
> instead.

gtdialog now has the ability to have applications set its parent
window[1]. Textadept takes advantage of this in latest hg[2]. You'll need
to update both projects before recompiling Textadept.

This will be in the next release and hopefully fixes your issue.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/gtdialog/rev/75a6c2b9b9b7
[2]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/9ef53667aa2a