Re: [code] [Scintillua] Help making a custom lexer theme

From: Choonster TheMage <choonster.2010.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 08:31:30 +1100

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Choonster TheMage wrote:
>
> Hello,
>>
>> I recently installed Scintillua for SciTE and the MoonScript lexer/theme
>> for it from [1]. I tried to make my own theme based on the included
>> "scite"
>> theme, but SciTe doesn't seem to load it when I set it as the theme in
>> lpeg.properties. The included dark, light and scite themes load without
>> issue, as does the custom moon theme.
>>

> What to you mean by "doesn't seem to load"? I downloaded the latest SciTE
> and Scintillua, created a lexers/themes/test.lua with your theme code, set
> lexer.lpeg.color.theme=test in lexers/lpeg.properties and got highlighting
> as expected (though it's on a bright yellow background...)

By "doesn't seem to load" I mean it doesn't highlight anything when it's
set as the current theme.

After seeing that it worked for you, I went back and looked at the file
again. It turns out I saved it with UTF-8 encoding instead of ANSI.
Converting it to ANSI solved the issue.

The bright yellow background was just something to make it obvious that the
theme loaded properly.

Thanks