Re: [code] [textadept] [feature request] Distraction free mode

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:06:22 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Robert,

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Robert wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM, Klaus Borges <klausborgs.att.gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mitchell,
>>
>> Thank you, I appreciate that quick workaround. Basically the only thing
>> missing there is what Robert mentioned, implementing GTK's fullscreen
>> funtionality on TA. Usually, distraction free modes hide menubars and
>> statusbars, maximize the window and in a way, align a page in the center of
>> the screen. Key points on this kind of thing is to maximize your workspace
>> while maintaining it simple and clean, free of any kind of distractions.
>> Imagine a typewriter, if you will.
>>

> I remember we had this feature request and some discussion before, but
> I can't find the thread.
> Mitchell, do you remember? Are there technical difficulties?
> Robert

I remember a request for ta to restore it's maximized state in sessions,
but I don't remember a request for fullscreen functionality. My response
to the former was that I didn't want to add the extra API functionality
and I'm pretty sure I don't want to do the same here. I may consider a
patch though.