Re: [code] [textadept] Cut & Paste of Non-ASCII-Characters

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 16:18:55 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Ingo,

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, Ingo Lindholm wrote:

> Every time, when I use "cut&paste" with german Umlaut characters, the
> pasted characters are not the same.
> Textadept convert it to MultiByte-Characters!
> This error also occurs, when the source and the destination are in the same
> document.

Is this when you open a file with Umlaut characters in the extended ASCII
range (\127-\255)? Or is it in a new buffer and you type the characters
with your keyboard? What is the current encoding? (Encoding is shown in
the statusbar.) I find it odd that characters in the \127-\255 range would
converted to multi-byte characters on paste. I think there must be another
explanation.